There’s a new model coming to the line-up of the top-selling Toyota early next year – the Toyota C-HR.
Toyota today revealed these images that show the final interior and exterior designs for the all-new model, including a first look at the Toyota C-HR with a right-hand drive cockpit.
Under the bonnet of the 2017 Toyota C-HR will be a turbocharged petrol engine, though at this stage Toyota hasn’t confirmed power outputs or fuel consumption info.
Another thing we now know is that the top-spec model will be known as the C-HR Koba, a tribute to C-HR chief engineer, Hiroyuki Koba.
2017 Toyota C-HR Key Facts:
- Will come with a turbo-petrol engine
- Front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive powertrains offered
- To be offered with a choice of eight exterior colours (including radiant green as shown)
- Safety features will include a pre-collision system with autonomous braking, adaptive cruise control, lane departure alert with steering control, automatic high beam and a reverse camera
- 6.1” touch-screen display will be standard
Tony Cramb is the head of sales and marketing at Toyota Australia, he says Toyota dealers are looking forward to having the model available to Australian buyers.
“It has four doors and a hatch, but it’s not a hatchback; it’s compact while having a large interior and room for five; it has a high driving position, yet it’s not a boxy off-roader.
“Not only does the C-HR always look like it’s on the move, the new platform and turbocharged petrol engine ensure it delivers an agile driving feel.”
We will keep you updated with further information as it comes to hand.