Last week it was named the top performance car to buy, now the Honda Civic Type R has been named Top Gear’s Car of the Year.
The British publication not only handed the Type R the top prize, it also handed the Honda the Hot Hatch and International Editors’ Car of the Year titles too.
The magazine saying the recently released Honda offering is a step above rivals.
“The Civic Type R is addictive, rhythmic and devastatingly rapid; a true hero for the masses delivering accessibility and madness in one package. The thrill comes from the sheer single-mindedness of it.”
Other Top Gear COTY Category Winners Included:
- Jaguar E-PACE – Crossover of the Year
- Rolls-Royce Phantom – Luxury Car of the Year
- Bentley Continental GT – GT of the Year
- Bugatti Chiron – Hypercar of the Year
- Volkswagen up! GTI – Pocket Rocket of the Year
- Skoda KODIAQ – Family SUV of the Year
Related: Honda unveils EV concepts
Stay up to date with all the latest Honda News at behindthewheel.com.au.