Want to know about the 2016 Volvo XC90 and only have a few minutes? Well, you are in the right place with this quick reference guide.
We take a glance at what was a nominee for Behind the Wheel’s Car of the Year in 2015.
Priced from $89,950 the Volvo XC90 sits at the upper end of the spectrum but you do get more for your money’s worth.
Under the bonnet you have a choice of a 2.0 litre turbo petrol (235kW/400Nm) or a 2.0 litre turbo diesel (165kW/470Nm) or even a 2.0 litre hybrid engine (235kW/400Nm).
We asked our road test and review team and compiled their thoughts into the best and worst qualities of the Volvo XC90…
- Power and quick off the line
- Comfortable, quiet and smooth transmission
- Steering light, accurate and plenty of feedback
- Can move its weight around and doesn’t feel big and heavy
- Safety (goes without saying)
- Technology – run off road protection system, autobrake at intersections
- Luxurious interior including leather and wood panelling
- Spacious with big boot and rear seats fold down flush
- Great fuel consumption
- Built in booster seat
- Interior cream colour easily soiled
- Hefty price
- 19” alloy wheels
- 7 seats
- Quad zone climate control
- Rear view camera
- Cargo blind and net
- Powered tailgate
- Forward and rear collision warning
- LED DRLs
- Lane departure warning/lane keeping aid
- Cross traffic alert
- Powered seats with memory
- Front fog lamps
- Start/stop system
- Head up display
- Satellite navigation
- Auto wipers
- LED headlamps with washers
- Leather seats and steering wheel
- Park assist
- Roof rails
Check out our most recent, detailed Volvo XC90 review.