The recently launched Toyota C-HR has beaten home a strong field of finalists to be named Parkers.co.uk 2018 Car of the Year.
A model not available in Australia was also in the mix – the SEAT Ibiza.
Related: Toyota fully committed to hybrids
The publication tells us the Toyota C-HR came out on top due to its on-road manners, futuristic yet practical design, low-cost engine options and long five-year warranty (3yrs/100,000km in Australia).
It was also the top car in the ‘Best Small Family Car’ category too.
We’re pleased to have chosen such an interesting winner in the Toyota C-HR, in a thoroughly excellent line-up of cars. – Keith Adams, Parkers.co.uk editor.
Parkers.co.uk Car of the Year 2018 Category Winners:
- Best Small Family Car – Toyota C-HR
- Best Large Family Car – BMW 5 Series Touring
- Best Seven-Seater – Skoda KODIAQ
- Best Car for Sun-Seekers – Mazda Mx-5
- Best Car for Thrill-Seekers – Ford Focus RS
- Best Company Car – BMW 330e
- Best Luxury Car – Mercedes-Benz S-Class
- Best Eco Car – Renault Zoe
- Best Van – Volkswagen Crafter
- Best Pickup – Nissan Navara
Check out our most recent Toyota C-HR Review.
Stay up to date with all the latest Toyota News at behindthewheel.com.au.