Just under, Subaru WRX STI prices actually come in from $49,990.
The fourth generation of the Subaru WRX STI is here and Subaru today confirmed final pricing and specifications for the ever-popular performance model.
Remarkably the new WRX STI is actually $10,000 less than the superseded model, Subaru say this is despite the new model picking up a host of upgrades, including;
- D-shaped steering wheel
- Multi-Function Display – includes turbo boost pressure display
- Push button start with smart key technology
- Entertainment system powering through harman kardon speakers and amp
- High quality soft-touch interior
- Active torque vectoring
- Driver’s knee airbag
- Factory fitted satellite navigation
- Reversing camera
- Daytime Running Lights
- Dusk sensing LED headlights with halogen high-beam and rain sensing wipers
- Shark fin radio antenna
- Increased cabin space
- Dual-zone climate control air conditioning
In a first for the model, the rear wing is actually now a no-cost delete option – meaning if you don’t want it Subaru is happy to deliver a WRX STI to you without it!
Under the bonnet is a turbocharged 2.5-litre Horizontally-Opposed Boxer engine that produces 221kW and 407Nm, while the use of high tensile steel and a stiffer suspension delivers handling and safety benefits according to Subaru.
And Subaru say comfort levels are up in the cabin thanks to new soft-touch high-quality surfaces.
Nick Senior, Subaru Australia Managing Director, says the new WRX STI is the best yet.
“The new generation WRX STI is a genuine high performance sports sedan that perfectly balances exhilarating power with pure control.
“It’s the pinnacle of our performance range, both powerful and refined in a complete package – and it’s going to thrill.”