Honda’s Africa Twin platform will welcome another variant in 2018 with the unveiling of the new 2018 CRF1000L2 Africa Twin Adventure Sports.
Honda used the EICMA event in Milan to unveil the new bike, along with the updated version of the standard 2018 CRF1000L Africa Twin.
Australian pricing and availability details for the new Adventure Sports model is yet to be confirmed, however in the U.S. buyer can expect around a $2,000 price premium over the current Africa Twin.
The Adventure Sports version features:
- Increased suspension travel
- Added ground clearance (269mm, up from 248mm – standard Africa Twin)
- Larger 24-litre fuel tank (6 litres up on standard)
- Larger fairing with 80mm taller screen
- Heated grips
- 12-volt accessory socket
- Larger sump guard
- Front light bars
- Brushed-aluminium cowling panels
- Rear mudguard
- Removable steel rack
- Flatter seat profile
- Higher seat height and revised handlebar position
- Storage pocket (right rear)
- Auto-cancelling turn indicators
- Revised/more sturdy foot pegs
- Repositioned instruments (more easily seen from a standing position)
- New airbox and redesigned exhaust for improved midrange response
- New lithium-ion battery that is 2.3kg lighter than old unit
Lee Edmunds from American Honda has high hopes for the new/updated offerings.
“The Africa Twin’s success on showroom floors and in comparison tests is evidence of the platform’s profound capabilities,”
“But the Adventure Sports model expands the possibilities by making it possible to ride further and more comfortably.”
We will bring you updates around Australian availability and pricing as those details come to hand.
Stay up to date with the latest Honda Motorcycles News at behindthewheel.com.au.