Hyundai has been one of the leaders in hydrogen fuel cell development and now the South Korean brand is moving closer to a possible commercial vehicle application for the technology.
At the 2016 IAA Commercial Vehicle Show in Germany overnight, Hyundai unveiled its H350 Fuel Cell Concept, which, according to Hyundai, shows the potential for hydrogen fuel cell tech in the light commercial vehicle segment.
Hyundai H350 Fuel Cell Concept Key Points:
- 100kW/300Nm output with top-speed of 150km/h
- 175 litre hydrogen tank can be filled in just four minutes
- Total driving range of 422km
- Zero emissions (only water vapour)
- Up to 12.9m³ cargo space or room for up to 14 seats
Hyundai also telling us the concept vehicle’s powertrain has no impact on load space.
At this stage Hyundai isn’t giving us any firm commitment on production of the H350 van, we will keep you updated though as more info comes to hand.