Some simple tips on how best to take care of your chamois.
Forget about letting your car ‘air dry’, if you really want a clean car you have to remove the water.
This is because while your car is wet it is already starting to attract dirt and dust and that means by the time its dry, well, you may as well have not even bothered going to the trouble of giving your car a wash!
Invest in a good quality chamois (either genuine leather or synthetic) and look after it and it will serve you for years.
Here’s some tips on how to look after your chamois, the first step is to ensure you don’t put your chamois away dirty:
- Wash the chamois in warm, soapy water. Fill a sink or bucket with warm soapy water. Be sure to use a mild soap designed for cleaning vehicle finishes, such as car wash.
- Fold the chamois over several times and wring out thoroughly.
- Rinse the chamois thoroughly in clean rinse water.
- Fold the chamois over several times and twist until all of the water is squeezed out.
- Steps 1 and 2 should be repeated until the rinse water is completely clear.
- Hang the chamois up to dry, away from direct sunlight.
- Never store a chamois wet.