Consumer Reports list of the worst new cars 2014 revealed…
It’s the list no car company wants to be on – the Consumer Reports ‘Cars to Avoid’ round-up.
Just published in the U.S., the annual list is compiled by individual Consumer Reports tests and evaluations and this year a number of vehicles familiar to Australian car buyers have been named.
Here are the vehicles to avoid, according to Consumer Reports:
- Smart ForTwo
- Scion iQ
- Chevrolet Spark (Holden Barina) – Available in Australia
- Scion tC
- Mitsubishi Lancer – Available in Australia
- Dodge Dart
- Chrysler 200/Dodge Avenger
- Ford Taurus
Wagons and minivans
- Honda Crosstour
- Jeep Compass – Available in Australia
- Jeep Patriot – Available in Australia
- Jeep Cherokee with 2.4-liter engine
- Mitsubishi Outlander – Available in Australia
Midsize and large SUV’s
- Ford Edge
- Nissan Armada
- Dodge Journey – Available in Australia
Read more on this year’s Consumer Reports ‘Worst Cars’ list here.