Now comes confirmation of a special edition model that pays tribute to the model’s local popularity.
The BMW M140i Performance Edition will arrive in the second quarter of the year and will be limited to just 60 cars.
Of those cars, 45 get the eight-speed auto and 15 are equipped with the six-speed manual gearbox.
2017 BMW M140i Performance Edition Key Facts:
- Australia-only offering limited to just 60 cars
- Powered by 250kW/500Nm turbocharged 3.0 litre six-cylinder engine
- Boasts Adaptive M suspension, M Performance exhaust system and M Sport brakes
- Styling cues include unique 19” alloy wheels and black exterior highlights
- Interior boosted by 12-speaker Harman/kardon audio system and carbon-fibre Alcantara highlights
- Each car comes with Performance Edition numbered plaque
“We have been very encouraged by the M140i’s performance since it arrived in the second half of 2016,” said BMW Group Australia CEO Marc Werner.
“It is a car with a strong enthusiast following.”
“This Australian M140i Performance Edition builds further on these strengths and its limited production status creates a halo effect for the popular 1 Series range.”