The impressive new-generation Kia Picanto is set to get a bit of a rugged new look and feel in an ‘X-Line’ variant confirmed overnight for Europe.
No word yet on the car coming here, however we might know more after the vehicle debuts at the upcoming Frankfurt Motor Show.
Kia tell us the Kia Picanto X-Line will boast:
- Raised ground clearance (up 15mm to 156mm)
- 73kW/172Nm 1.0 litre turbo engine (not yet seen in Picanto in Australia)
- Beefed-up bumpers with metal-look skid-plates (front and rear)
- Unique grille and fog lamp surrounds (in lime green or silver)
- Black wheel arch cladding
- 16” alloy wheels
- Contrast colour packs available
Set to hit European Kia dealerships in the fourth quarter of the year, Kia Motors Europe boss, Michael Cole, says the new Picanto X-Line will add to the popularity of the model.
“We launched the new Picanto in Europe earlier this year and it is already outselling its predecessor.
“Year-on-year, Picanto sales in the first half of 2017 grew 23% to 31,827 units, and globally it is one of our best-selling vehicles.
“The all-new X-Line will add to that momentum.”
Stay up to date with all the latest Kia News at behindthewheel.com.au.