The $139,000 Q7 e-tron Quattro brings tech Audi says is groundbreaking.
Audi was the first manufacturer to win the Lemans 24 hours with a hybrid. The Q7 will do a claimed best in class 56km on EV mode.
Q7 will be the only diesel PHEV SUV on the market.
The all-new Q7 PHEV pairs a 190kw/600Nm 3.0 V6 turbo diesel, with a 94kw/350Nm motor. A combined output of a considerable 275kw and 700Nm equates to that you’d expect from a V8 turbo diesel.
An 8 speed auto allows the Audi Q7 e-tron 3.0 TDI quattro to reach 100kph in just 6.2 seconds. Audi claims fuel figures of 1.9L/100km, and CO2 of 49g/km.
Unlike many EVs, the Audi will charge the 17.3kWh lithium-ion batteries from a normal household supply. Home charging will take about 10.5 hours, while a high output industrial system does the job in just 2.5 hours.
Q7 e-tron gets a 5 star rating with features including:
- Audi pre-sense city with Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) and pedestrian detection (up to 85 km/h)
- Adaptive cruise control with Stop & Go and traffic jam assist
- Active Lane Assist
- Exit warning system
- Cross traffic assist
- Parking system plus with rear-view camera
- Audi side assist blind spot warning system
- Audi pre-sense basic (belt tensioning, window closing and other emergency preventative measures)
- Audi pre-sense rear (warns following traffic if they are at risk of running into the rear of the car)
Other features include an 8.3” MMI screen with standard satnav. There is live traffic, 3D maps and natural voice recognition. Apple Carplay and Android Auto are standard.
While options include: 19-inch alloy wheels, Virtual Cockpit, Audi drive select, heated front seats, 180w Audi sound system, LED headlights with dynamic indicators at the rear, e-tron specific exterior design and Adaptive air suspension.
The Audi Q7 etron is the most powerful of the Q7 family. The batteries are stored under the rear floor, so only comes as a 5 seater.
Chargers can be installed at home and work as dedicated systems for faster charging.
The Audi Q7 e-tron Quattro will come to our shores in January 2018 and be priced from $139,900.
Stay up to date with the latest Audi News at behindthewheel.com.au