Confirmed this morning by Subaru Australia, the 2018 Subaru BRZ welcomes a new flagship model for the new year – the BRZ tS.
Related: Subaru to focus on cars
The big news though is the arrival of the BRZ tS, an offering that is about as close as we might get to a permanent STI version of the BRZ.
The 2018 Subaru BRZ tS boasts:
- SACHS suspension
- Brembo brakes with red painted callipers
- STI coil springs
- Flexible V-shaped bar
- Flexible draw stiffener
- Black finish 18” STI alloy wheels
- Exclusive front bumper, including grille with tS badge
- Black rear spoiler, mirrors and shark-fin roof mounted antenna
- tS and STI exterior badging
- STI side garnish
- Red highlights and tS logo added to Alcantara seat trim
- Grand Luxe door panel trim and dashboard highlight
- Exclusive steering wheel – black with red accent and STI logo
- Red seat belts
- Push button starter with STI logo
Subaru boss Colin Christie telling us the new variant is something customers have been asking for.
“The addition of the tS to the range will help maintain momentum for this fun sports coupe.
“The combination of suspension, brake and cosmetic enhancements make it an appealing package for sports car fans looking for a bit more edge from their BRZ.”
- BRZ six-speed manual – from $33,990
- BRZ six-speed automatic – from $35,990
- BRZ Premium six-speed manual – from $35,490
- BRZ Premium six-speed automatic – from $37,490
- BRZ tS six-speed manual – from $39,894
- BRZ tS six-speed automatic – from $41,894
Related: New looks for 2019 Subaru Forester
Stay up to date with all that latest Subaru News at behindthewheel.com.au.