We’ve been covering the arrival of the new-generation Jeep Wrangler for some time now, finally though we can bring you the all-important technical details.
Confirmed by Jeep today, the new Wrangler is making its first public appearance this week at the LA Auto Show.
Related: 2018 Jeep Compass Specs confirmed
Here’s all the important specs and details for the new model, an offering we’re likely to see before the middle of 2018 in Australia.
2018 Jeep Wrangler Engine Range:
- 201kW/400Nm 2.0 litre turbo
- 212kW/352Nm 3.6 litre Pentastar V6
- 193kW/600Nm 3.0 litre EcoDiesel V6
2018 Jeep Wrangler Other Key Features:
- Available in two-door and four-door
- Model grades include Sport, Sport S, Sahara (4-door only) and Rubicon
- New two-speed transfer case on Sahara (full-time 4×4 with low-range)
- Locking diffs – Wrangler Rubicon
- Electronic sway-bar disconnect – Wrangler Rubicon
- Skid plates and front and rear tow hooks – standard
- Approach angle 44, breakover 27.8, departure angle 37 degrees
- Ground clearance of 274mm
- 33” tyres – Rubicon
- 762mm water fording
- Eight-speed auto transmission
- Six-speed manual transmission (with shorter shift throw)
- Up to 8.4” infotainment screen
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto – standard
- Safety features will include blind-spot monitor and reverse camera
In confirming all the details on the new model, Jeep boss Mike Manley says the new Wrangler has undergone more onroad testing than any other new Jeep model in its development – more than 3.9 million miles (5.6 million km).
“The all-new Wrangler is better in every way – delivering even more rugged capability, more ride comfort, more fuel efficiency, more interior comfort, more safety and more technology.”
We will bring you updated Australian pricing, availability and specification details when confirmed by Jeep Australia.
Stay up to date with the latest Jeep News at behindthewheel.com.au.