Landing in dealerships in January alongside the updated 2018 version of the standard i3, BMW Australia today confirmed updated pricing and specification details for the i3 range.
Related: BMW X2 finally fully revealed
The updated i3 range for 2018 will kick-off from $68,700, add in the optional range extender and you’re looking at $74,700.
While the i3s will start from $69,900, that same $1200 price premium for the sport version carries through to the $75,900 starting price for the i3s model fitted with the range extender.
Key changes for the standard BMW i3 for 2018 include:
- Improved Dynamic Stability Control system
- Addition of iDrive6 infotainment system
- Exterior styling tweaks
- New paint colours – Melbourne Red metallic and Imperial Blue metallic
- Standard fitment of LED headlights
- 20mm wider 20” alloy wheels
- ‘Lodge’ equipment line now standard, ‘Loft’ available as a no-cost option
- Optional ‘Suite’ line adds leather upholstery
BMW i3s Key Data (over standard i3):
- Beefed-up electric motor for 135kW/270Nm outputs (up from 125kW/250Nm)
- Higher top speed – 160km/h (up from 150km/h)
- Quicker 0-100km/h time – 6.9secs (down from 7.3)
- SPORT drive mode
- Electric range up to 280km
- Lowered (10mm) sports suspension
- Wider track width (+40mm)
BMW Australia boss Marc Werner is expecting increased demand for the i3 in 2018.
“The BMW i3 range has enjoyed refreshed interest since the upgraded 94Ah battery arrived in 2016, removing range anxiety,”
“Now the ground-breaking premium electric i3 gains new styling and technological updates, as well as the exciting i3s sports model for the first time.
“Customers now have a great range of i3 options to choose from.”
Related: New-generation BMW X5 spied
Stay up to date with all the latest BMW News at behindthewheel.com.au.