There’s a new and improved version of the Nissan Pathfinder coming to Australia and the 2017 model comes with a recommendation for being friendly to dogs and their owners.
The new Pathfinder has been joined by two other models available in Australia in the AutoTrader US 5 Great Cars for Dog Lovers list.
Of the Nissan Pathfinder, AutoTrader said the third-row seat is easily accessed and creates a nice, wide load area when folded down.
While larger dogs will benefit from an abundance of headroom and the Nissan SUV was also praised for having excellent rear ventilation.
The Volkswagen was commended for having good interior room, fold-flat rear seats and car-like ride height that makes it easy for dogs to enter and exit the vehicle.
Finally, Volvo’s XC90 was described as being an “armoured kennel on wheels” that brings a well-configured cargo area, lots of utility and rear climate controls.
Nine Features that make a Dog-Friendly Car according to AutoTrader:
- An airy cabin keeps large dogs from feeling claustrophobic.
- A containment barrier keeps your dog from bouncing back and forth between seating rows while you’re driving.
- Fold-flat seats create a spacious area for your dog to stretch out.
- A low ride height helps older dogs get in and out with ease.
- A panoramic sunroof gives your dog plenty of fresh air and sunlight.
- Rear cargo-attachment tie-downs help keep carriers and crates in place while the car is in motion.
- Rear climate control keeps your dog cool and comfortable at all times.
- A rear lift gate makes loading pet carriers, crates and kennels in and out more convenient.
- Under-floor storage allows you to get clutter out of the way to make room for your dog.