The recall notices advising that the following Honda vehicles are affected (although some cars within the VIN ranges won’t be required to be recalled).
- Honda Civic MY01 – JHMES15501S200013 to JHMES15501S201302
- Honda Accord MY12 – MRHCP2630CP010001 to MRHCP2640CP050390 and MRHCP3640CP050025 MRHCP3640CP050570
- Honda Legend MY12 – JHMKB2650CC200001 to JHMKB2650CC200037
- Honda Accord Euro MY12 – JHMCU2580CC200008 to JHMCU2540CC209732
- Honda City MY12 – MRHGM2640CP080001 to MRHGM2640CP080780
- Honda Jazz MY12 – MRHGE6850CP050002 to MRHGE6850CP053691, MRHGE8850CP040002 to MRHGE8850CP043899, JHMGE6750CS204069 to JHMGE6850CS209755 and JHMGE8850CS201858 to JHMGE8850CS209106
- Honda Insight MY12 – JHMZE2870CS200009 to JHMZE2850CS205910
As with the other Takata Airbag Recalls, owners are advised that the airbag inflator may rupture upon deployment in the event of an accident.
In the event of an inflator rupture, metal fragments could pass through the airbag cushion material possibly causing serious injury or fatality to vehicle occupants.
Owners of affected vehicles will be contacted by mail and invited to call the Honda recall call centre on free call 1800 789 839 (Mon-Fri 9am – 5pm AEST) for further information and to arrange for a booking for an authorised Honda dealer to replace the airbag inflator free of charge.