Unveiled officially in Germany this weekend, the new Volkswagen Crafter will be built in Poland and will be delivered to customers in Europe from November.
While we still don’t know what variants will arrive here, overseas the new VW Crafter will be offered with a choice of front, rear, or 4MOTION four-wheel drive.
Volkswagen also telling us the 2.0 litre TDI engine that features in the new model will offer fuel savings of around 15%.
2017 Volkswagen Crafter Key Points:
- Manufactured at new Volkswagen facility in Poland
- Improved cabin ergonomics for driver/passengers
- Maximum payload of 5.5 metric tonnes
- Larger maximum cargo volume of 18.4m3
- Maximum cargo space height of 2,196mm
- 1,311mm opening of the sliding door
- New electromechanical steering system
- New driver assistance systems – Lane Assist, Park Assist) and Trailer Assist
- Optional telematics technology
Dr. Eckhard Scholz, Chairman of the Board of Management of Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, says customer feedback was used extensively in the design of the new Crafter.
“The development of the new Crafter was a unique opportunity to avoid all compromises while drawing upon our decades of experience in the market segment.
“The new Crafter represents a fusion of product focus and customer focus. In other words, we developed his vehicle from the customer’s perspective.”
We will keep you updated on Australian availability, pricing and specifications.