Volkswagen is on a high, sales are on the up and the brand is releasing an array of new vehicles over the next two years.
And customers are responding to the new Volkswagen, proof of that can be seen in the brand’s continued global sales gains.
Volkswagen has reported 495,200 sales on the global stage last month, a figure up 9.3% on the same month last year.
Across the first eight months of 2017 Volkswagen sold 3,897,200 vehicles, up 1.8% on the 2016 total for the same period.
Sales were up 9% in the U.S. in the month, Volkswagen also enjoyed a 14.1% jump in demand in Central and Eastern Europe, and across South America sales were up a mammoth 68.1%.
Interestingly, one market where Volkswagen isn’t enjoying great times is Germany.
Sales in the month in the brand’s backyard receded by 11.2% and are down more than 7% year to date.
August 2017 Car Sales Data – Volkswagen Australia:
- Volkswagen Golf - 1,535 (+10.0%)
- Volkswagen Tiguan - 841 (+999%)
- Volkswagen Amarok 4X4 - 757 (+60.0%)
- Volkswagen Polo - 655 (-4.1%)
- Volkswagen Caddy Van - 151 (+6.3%)
- Volkswagen Transporter - 139 (-16.3%)
- Volkswagen Passat – 115 (-65.2%)
- Volkswagen Touareg - 114 (-34.5%)
- Volkswagen Jetta - 114 (+4.6%)
- Volkswagen Golf Alltrack – 87 (+29.9%)
- Volkswagen Multivan - 69 (-6.8%)
- Volkswagen Passat Alltrack – 55 (-6.8%)
- Volkswagen Crafter - 32 (-20.0%)
- Volkswagen Amarok 4X2 - 29 (-57.4%)
- Volkswagen Caddy – 20 (-20.0%)
- Volkswagen Caravelle - 12 (-7.7%)
- Volkswagen Scirocco - 5 (-58.3%)
Volkswagen Total Sales - 4,730 (+21.5%)
Jürgen Stackmann, Volkswagen Sales Chief, welcomed the strong results.
“In August, the positive trend in demand for Volkswagen models continued in all sales regions – a development that was already in evidence in the second quarter.
“Especially growth in South and North America as well as China is increasingly dynamic. Volkswagen is also growing in Europe, except for Germany.”
Stay up to date with all the latest Volkswagen News at behindthewheel.com.au.