Skoda simplifies refreshed Octavia range for 2017…
One of our favourite mid-size cars is the Skoda Octavia and now the model boasts refreshed looks and a simplified range as well.
Skoda Australia today confirmed with us that the updated model has arrived in dealerships with a new-look front that incorporates new dual headlights (as below).
While the model also boasts new ‘Trius’ alloy wheel designs.
But the big change for the Skoda hatch/wagon offering looks to be the simplification of the Skoda Octavia range.
Moving to just three variants – Octavia, Octavia Sport and Octavia RS, Skoda tell us the simplification will help Australian customers more quickly get their hands on their new car.
The changes see the Octavia and Octavia Sport powered exclusively by the same 110kW turbo-petrol engine.
The Skoda Octavia Sport though picks up:
- LED headlamps
- Sports seats
- Passenger Protect Assist system
- Light Assist system with rain sensor
While the updated Octavia RS, which won’t arrive for several months, will offer the choice of an upgraded 169kW turbocharged petrol engine, or 135kW diesel engine.
Other reasons to consider the RS will include a ‘Black Pack’ with 18” ‘Gemini’ alloy wheels in black, along with black body parts and an updated infotainment screen/system.
2017 Skoda Octavia Updated Australian pricing:
- Skoda Octavia 110TSI manual/sedan - from $23,490
- Skoda Octavia 110TSI manual/wagon – from $24,990
- Skoda Octavia 110TSI DSG auto/sedan – from $25,990
- Skoda Octavia 110TSI DSG auto/wagon – from $27,490
- Skoda Octavia Sport 110TSI DSG auto/sedan – from $29,990
- Skoda Octavia Sport 110TSI DSG auto/wagon – from $31,490
- Skoda Octavia RS 169TS manual/sedan – from $38,890
- Skoda Octavia RS 169TSI DSG auto/sedan – from $41,390
- Skoda Octavia RS 169TSI manual/wagon – from $40,390
- Skoda Octavia RS 169TSI DSG auto/wagon – from $42,890
- Skoda Octavia RS 135TDI DSG auto/sedan – from $42,490
- Skoda Octavia RS 135TDI DSG auto/wagon – from $43,990
Across all variants Australian buyers can also option up their Octavia with the optional Tech Pack (from $2,300) and Luxury Pack (from $1,600).
Stay up to date with the latest Skoda Octavia News here.