The Skoda Octavia is set to receive a mid-life makeover with the mid-size model receiving new front and rear styling, fresh alloy wheel designs and updated infotainment systems.
While we are still awaiting news regarding the updates for Australian models, Skoda in the UK has just released details of the make-over with the refreshed cars set to arrive there early next year.
Skoda telling us the 2017 Octavia will benefit from:
- New-look front styling with full-LED headlights
- Tweaked rear styling for a “more powerful and wider appearance”
- Refreshed alloy wheel designs
- Updated infotainment screen with ‘light touch’ function
- Addition of the CareConnect infotainment system
- Predictive pedestrian protection added to the Octavia’s Front Assist system
- New customisable key that allows multiple users to save their own vehicle settings
- Availability of a heated steering wheel
- Torch located in the boot (estate version)
“The Skoda Octavia has always been in a class of its own in the compact segment,” says Skoda CEO Bernhard Maier.
“As the ‘heart of the brand’, the Octavia has decisively shaped Skoda’s outstanding development from the very start, and has made the company what it is today.
“With the now extensively revised Skoda Octavia, we are keen to continue this development sustainably.”
We will keep you updated with further info regarding the updated Skoda Octavia in Australia as it comes to hand.