26
News & Reviews
Last 7 Days

Toyota team up with Mazda and Denso

Trio tackle electric vehicle development

Toyota team up with Mazda and Denso

Toyota Motor Corporation has joined forces with the Mazda Motor Corporation and Denso Corporation to form a new company to develop structural technologies for electric vehicles (EVs).

The joint venture of EV Common Architecture Spirit Co. Ltd, will see Toyota with a majority 90 percent share and Mazda and Denso split the remaining 10 percent.

Their aim is to develop a diverse range of models including mini-vehicles, passenger vehicles, SUVs and light trucks

Related: Dyson to branch out into electric vehicles

By doing so they hope to reduce costs and lead times and create flexible and rapid response to changing market trends.

This announcement comes after the news last month that Toyota and Mazda would collaborate on an electric car and advanced safety technology.

In a statement, Toyota stated they will combine the strengths of each company in the hope of creating more market acceptance of EVs.

“With EVs yet to find widespread market acceptance, the huge investments and time required to cover all markets and vehicle segments is a pressing issue for individual automakers when responding to the widely varying demand for vehicles around the world so the new company aims to innovate the development process.”

Stay up to date with the latest Toyota News at behindthewheel.com.au

Also from behindthewheel.com.au...




About Simon Lai 1412 Articles
Simon is a writer and sometime contributor to the podcast. He also takes care of video production and product reviews. He met Joel through radio school and has worked with him on other ventures, reading news, producing and presenting radio content for regional networks. Simon doesn’t profess to be a car nut but enjoys driving first and foremost and has a penchant for hot hatches. He helps to provide the everyday-man perspective.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*