Volkswagen enjoys global sales growth despite flat Aussie result…
Volkswagen had another solid month in Australia in March, however the German brand experienced a decline in passenger car sales locally when compared to the same month last year.
In total, Volkswagen delivered 5,122 vehicles in the month, 3,802 of those being from the brand’s passenger car range.
That total was down 92 cars on the March 2016 total.
As the VFACTS data shows, sales stars remain the new-generation Tiguan and the Golf, albeit the soon to be refreshed Golf is quite pulling the sales numbers it did last year.
March 2017 New Car Sales Data – Volkswagen Passenger Cars:
- Volkswagen CC - 2 (-33.3%)
- Volkswagen Golf - 1,504 (-15.6%)
- Volkswagen Golf Alltrack - 72 (-10.0%)
- Volkswagen Jetta - 119 (-67.0%)
- Volkswagen Passat - 260 (-3.7%)
- Volkswagen Passat Alltrack - 109 (+60.3%)
- Volkswagen Polo - 574 (-19.6%)
- Volkswagen Scirocco - 17 (-52.8%)
- Volkswagen The Beetle - 0 (-100.0%)
- Volkswagen Tiguan - 993
- Volkswagen Tiguan (Gen 1) - 3 (-99.2%)
- Volkswagen Touareg - 149 (-24.0%)
Meantime, on the wider global stage Volkswagen has reported 557,400 passenger car sales in March.
That total was 2.5% up on the same month last year.
Sales for the brand were up 2.7% in both Germany and the U.S. and jumped ahead 3.6% in China.
Stay up to date with the latest Volkswagen News here.