Kia took home the award for the most satisfied owners in the ‘Popular Brand’ category, while Tesla was found to have the most satisfied owners overall and also in the ‘Premium Brand category’.
The VSAs are based on survey responses from more than 65,000 owners of new 2015 and 2016 model-year cars and light trucks in the US and measures owner satisfaction on 50 separate attributes.
2016 AutoPacific VSA Category Winners (only cars available in Australia listed):
- Luxury Car - Mercedes-Benz S-Class
- Aspirational Luxury Car – Volvo S60/V60
- Mid-Size Car – Kia Optima
- Premium Compact Car – Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class
- Compact Car – Kia Soul
- Economy Car – Honda Jazz
- Premium Luxury Crossover SUV – Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class (pictured)
- Luxury Crossover SUV – Lexus RX
- Mid-Size Crossover SUV – Nissan X-TRAIL
- Compact Crossover SUV – Hyundai Tucson
- Minivan – Kia Carnival
“This year marks the 20th anniversary of AutoPacific recognizing the most satisfying vehicles and providing consumers a way to streamline their search for the perfect vehicle,” says AutoPacific president George Peterson.
“VSAs look at the big picture, which includes owners’ experiences with their vehicle’s quality and safety, but also goes deeper into the heart of the ownership experience.”