There’s no word yet on Aussie availability, however Suzuki V-Strom buyers in the UK are now being offered updated 2018 models of the V-Strom 650 and V-Strom 1000 with GT enhancements.
The GT kit is also available on the XT versions of the V-Strom 650/1000.
Just confirmed by Suzuki Motorcycles in the UK, the bikes getting the GT treatment come with a £1,000 ($1,700 AUD) price premium.
Featuring three-piece luggage (top box and panniers) with a combined capacity of 64 litres.
The GT pack arrives to correspond with a 2018 upgrade for the V-Strom.
This update brings:
- A two-stage traction control system (V-Strom 650)
- Updated V-twin engine with more power and torque (V-Strom 650)
- New exhaust system (V-Strom 650)
- 1kg weight reduction (V-Strom)
- ABS brakes (V-Strom 1000)
- Redesigned screen (V-Strom 1000)
- Updated bodywork (inspired by DR-Z and DR-Big machines)
We will keep you updated in regards to further details on the 2018 update and GT kit for the V-Strom in Australia as they come to hand.
Stay up to date with the latest Suzuki Motorcycle News at behindthewheel.com.au.