It was in September 1996 that the former Czech President, Vaclav Havel, gave the starting signal for the production of the mid-size Skoda model.
Skoda Octavia 20 Years Key Points:
- Development of the Octavia began in 1992
- The model became the first Skoda fitted with side airbags
- Initially the Octavia was offered with a choice of two petrol engines or a turbo-diesel
- The AWD wagon version, known originally as the Octavia Combi and later the Scout, became available in 1999
- The first-generation model was produced until November 2010
- The second-generation Skoda Octavia sold 2.5 million units between 2004 and 2013
- The third-generation Octavia went into production in November 2012
- Skoda has now produced five-million Octavia’s
- The model received a significant make-over earlier this year
Considering a Skoda Octavia? Prices in Australia start from $22,490.