We’ve been covering the birth of the all-new Skoda KODIAQ for what seems like years now, but the seven-seat Skoda SUV is finally a reality.
Unveiled early this morning Australian time in Germany, Skoda also released more details on the new offering, including:
- The KODIAQ will be offered in three trim levels – Active, Ambition and Style
- LED Headlights will be standard
- Up to 14 paint colours will be available
- Engines will include 1.4 and 2.0 litre turbo-petrol and 2.0 litre turbo-diesel units
- Transmissions will include six-speed manual or six and seven speed DSG auto
- 2WD and AWD versions will be available
- Boot space ranges from 720 litres to 2,065 litres (5-seater with the rear seats folded down)
- Up to 2.5 tonne towing capacity (TDI/DSG/4×4)
- Wheel sizes will range from 17” to 19”
- Five and seven-seat configurations will be offered
- Latest Skoda Connect infotainment with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto standard
“With the Skoda KODIAQ, we are striking out in a new direction and opening up new markets,” says Skoda CEO Bernhard Maier.
“With our first large SUV, we are conquering a new segment for the brand – and new customer groups.
“Our new addition to the Skoda model range is truly as strong as a bear.”
We will keep you updated with info on Australian availability, pricing and specifications when confirmed by Skoda Australia.