July 2017 another big month
Everything looks on track for Mercedes-Benz to claim another annual sales record in 2017 with global sales data showing more solid growth.
The data, released this afternoon by Mercedes-Benz headquarters in Stuttgart, shows the brand sold 181,791 cars in July 2017, that total a full 11% up on the same month last year.
Interestingly, in Australia, Mercedes-Benz car sales in July were down 5.2% in July, though overall sales are up just under 6% (full VFACTS numbers below).
On those global numbers, Mercedes-Benz had delivered 1,326,065 vehicles to the end of July – a mammoth 13.3% gain on the same period last year.
Related: Mercedes-AMG X-Class a possibility?
Some of the Mercedes-Benz sales data highlights for the first seven months include a 9.1% jump in sales in Europe, 26.1% increase in the Asia-Pacific, and record sales in Canada (+11.8%) and Mexico (+28.0%).
While sales stars in July included the E-Class (+64.6%) and the brand’s SUVs (+14.6%).
July 2017 Car Sales Data – Mercedes-Benz:
- Mercedes-AMG GT - 10 (-28.6%)
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class – 325 (-6.9%)
- Mercedes-Benz B-Class - 110 (+8.9%)
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class - 538 (+0.4%)
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class Cpe/Conv - 185 (-28.6%)
- Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class - 235 (-31.7%)
- Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class - 11 (-50.0%)
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class - 150 (-15.3%)
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Cpe/Conv – 53 (+71.0%)
- Mercedes-Benz G-Class - 14 (+75.0%)
- Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class - 277 (+13.1%)
- Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class - 240 (+0.8%)
- Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class Coupe - 73
- Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class - 183 (-16.4%)
- Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class Coupe - 67 (+34.0%)
- Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class - 105 (-5.4%)
- Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon CC - 21 (+40.0%)
- Mercedes-Benz S-Class – 8 (-61.9%)
- Mercedes-Benz S-Class Cpe/Conv - 6 (+50.0%)
- Mercedes-Benz SLC-Class - 12 (-33.3%)
- Mercedes-Benz SL-Class - 5 (+66.7%)
Britta Seeger, Mercedes-Benz Cars Marketing & Sales, says everything is on track in 2017.
“With growth in unit sales of eleven percent in July, Mercedes-Benz started the third quarter with a new sales record.
“Additional demand will be stimulated by the new S-Class Saloon, which we started delivering to our customers in Europe in July.
“The Mercedes-Benz flagship has set another milestone along the way to autonomous driving with a new driver-assistance package.”
Stay up to date with all the latest Mercedes-Benz News at behindthewheel.com.au.