The recently launched Toyota C-HR has beaten home a strong field of finalists to be named Parkers.co.uk 2018 Car of the Year.
A model not available in Australia was also in the mix - the SEAT Ibiza.
Related: Toyota fully committed to hybrids
The publication tells us the Toyota C-HR came out on top due to its on-road manners, futuristic yet practical design, low-cost engine options and long five-year warranty (3yrs/100,000km in Australia).
It was also the top car in the ‘Best Small Family Car’ category too.
We’re pleased to have chosen such an interesting winner in the Toyota C-HR, in a thoroughly excellent line-up of cars. - Keith Adams, Parkers.co.uk editor.
Parkers.co.uk Car of the Year 2018 Category Winners:
- Best Small Family Car - Toyota C-HR
- Best Large Family Car - BMW 5 Series Touring
- Best Seven-Seater - Skoda KODIAQ
- Best Car for Sun-Seekers - Mazda Mx-5
- Best Car for Thrill-Seekers - Ford Focus RS
- Best Company Car - BMW 330e
- Best Luxury Car - Mercedes-Benz S-Class
- Best Eco Car - Renault Zoe
- Best Van - Volkswagen Crafter
- Best Pickup – Nissan Navara
Check out our most recent Toyota C-HR Review.
Stay up to date with all the latest Toyota News at behindthewheel.com.au.