Wagon variant and added specification levels across the line-up expected to boost Megane’s popularity.
Renault has given the Megane line-up a major overhaul including the introduction of a new wagon variant.
Launched back in 2010, the Megane has found more than 2500 homes in Australia and Renault believes expanding the range beyond the hatch body-shape will help lift sales numbers even further.
The changes announced today include:
- New entry-level Megane hatch called the ‘Expression’ and priced from $20,990.
- Megane wagon range available in two specification levels – Dynamic and GT-Line with pricing from $26,490.
- Megane Coupé-Cabriolet range jumps from one specification level to three starting from $36,990.
- Renault Sport designed GT-Line now available on the Mégane Hatch, Wagon and Coupé-Cabriolet.
Renault Australia says the Megane range also benefits from new interior trims across the range that “showcases the quality and comfort of the cabin whilst enhancing the driver’s experience”.
While, depending on the specification level, the hatch and wagon now boast a rear-view camera with park-assist.
And an air quality sensor, upgraded and more user-friendly radio interface and indicators with highway mode are now standard across the entire range.
For the first time the Renault Visio System will also be offered on premium hatch and wagon variants. The system has a dual-functionality combining Lane Departure Warning and Automatic High-Beam Headlights.
And to celebrate the introduction of the new Megane Wagon, a limited edition Renault Sport version will also be released – the Megane GT 220 Sport Wagon.
The model, which will be limited to just 220 units, features:
- GT styling
- 18-inch gloss black alloy wheels
- High-performance Dunlop Sport Maxx tyres
- GT 220 badging and plaque
- Gloss black rear diffuser.
The Megane GT 220 Sport Wagon is fitted with the sport chassis from the Megane R.S. 265 and the same high-performance engine delivering 162kW and 340Nm.
The revitalised Megane range is now available in Renault dealerships nationally.