There was still sales growth, however Mercedes-Benz car sales in Australia in August were below the 2017 average for the luxury brand.
VFACTS data shows Mercedes-Benz delivered 2,933 cars to Aussie customers in the month, just 31 cars (or 1.1%) above the same month last year.
Sales were also up a mammoth 18.9% across the Asia-Pacific in August.
Local sales across the first eight-months are ahead by a healthier 5.2%.
But it was the stellar performance of the brand on the global stage that is worth noting.
The Stuttgart-based car manufacturer has just reported record worldwide car sales in August 2017.
Total sales in August were 170,341, a full 9.0% ahead of the same month last year.
Year to date (until end of August), 1.496 million vehicles have been handed over by the three-point star, 12.8% more than in the same period last year.
Mercedes-Benz sales and marketing chief, Britta Seeger, welcomed the strong result.
“We have achieved new best numbers every month for the past four and a half years,”
“We are proud to complete the extensive revision of our S-Class family with the world premiere of the new S-Class Coupé and the S-Class Cabriolet at the Frankfurt Motor Show.”
August 2017 Car Sales Data - Mercedes-Benz Australia:
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class - 663 (+13.7%)
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class – 377 (+22.0%)
- Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class - 347 (+54.2%)
- Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class – 338 (+3.7%)
- Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class - 244 (-30.7%)
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class Cpe/Conv – 240 (-9.8%)
- Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class - 181 (-21.3%)
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class - 130 (+3.2%)
- Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class Coupe - 77
- Mercedes-Benz B-Class - 69 (-52.7%)
- Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class – 69 (-34.9%)
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Cpe/Conv - 61 (+35.6%)
- Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class Coupe - 42 (-49.4%)
- Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon CC - 26 (+62.5%)
- Mercedes-Benz SLC-Class - 15 (-6.3%)
- Mercedes-Benz G-Class – 13 (+18.2%)
- Mercedes-AMG GT - 12 (+9.1%)
- Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class - 12 (-42.9%)
- Mercedes-Benz S-Class Cpe/Conv - 9 (+125.0%)
- Mercedes-Benz S-Class - 7 (-66.7%)
- Mercedes-Benz SL-Class - 1 (-66.7%)
Stay up to date with the latest Mercedes-Benz News at behindthewheel.com.au.