There’s another compact SUV you can put on your test-drive list for 2018 – the all-new Skoda KAROQ.
Confirmed for Australia, the new Skoda offering marks the Czech brand’s first compact SUV model and comes after the recent Australian launch of the larger Skoda KODIAQ SUV.
Related: 2018 Skoda Rapid lands in Australia
Now comes confirmation that the soon to enter production vehicle will make its public debut at this month’s Frankfurt Motor Show.
2018 Skoda KAROQ Key Data:
- Skoda’s first compact SUV
- Five-seat capacity
- Boot space of 521 litres (mid-row seats up)
- Optional removable mid-row seat (VarioFlex) provides up to 1,810 litres capacity
- 2WD and 4WD variants to be offered
- Up to five engines (two petrol/three diesel) to be offered – ranging from 1.0 litre to 2.0 litre capacity
- Transmission choice – six-speed manual or seven-speed DSG
We are still awaiting Australian specification details for the new Skoda SUV, we will keep you updated.
Ahead of that Frankfurt debut, Skoda has just confirmed the KAROQ will boast a full digital instrument panel (as below) that “can be personalised and is linked to the infotainment system”.
Skoda telling us this a first for the brand.
Full-LED headlights and taillights will also feature.
Stay up to date with all the latest Skoda KAROQ News at behindthewheel.com.au.