The latest U.S. study of recent car purchasers has again found that Porsche is the brand that best meets pre-purchase expectations.
And it was the Porsche 911 that was declared the model that best meets expectations.
But there was also good news for Ford in the 2017 AutoPacific Ideal Vehicle Awards.
The blue-oval brand finished five category wins this year – more than any other brand.
The 2017 awards are based on responses from more than 54,000 owners of new MY16 and MY17 vehicles across all major manufacturers.
Many of the top ranking cars this year are available in Australia.
Respondents were asked what changes they would make to their car or truck in 15 key categories, including ride and handling, interior storage, safety features, power and acceleration and technology.
2017 AutoPacific Ideal Vehicle Awards:
- Overall Winner - Porsche 911
- Most Ideal Brand Overall - Porsche
- Most Ideal Popular Brand - Ford
- Luxury Car - Genesis G90
- Aspirational Luxury Car - BMW 2 Series
- Large Car - Chevrolet Impala
- Luxury Mid-Size Car - Lincoln MKZ
- Mid-Size Car - Subaru Liberty (Legacy in U.S.)
- Premium Compact Car - MINI Clubman
- Compact Car - Volkswagen Jetta
- Economy Car - Honda Jazz (Fit in U.S.)
- Sports Car - Porsche 911
- Sporty Car - Ford Mustang
- Light Duty Pickup - Ford F-150
- Heavy Duty Pickup - Ford F-Series Super Duty
- Compact Pickup - Honda Ridgeline
- Luxury SUV - Lincoln Navigator
- Large SUV - GMC Yukon XL
- Mid-Size SUV - Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Premium Luxury Crossover SUV - Porsche Cayenne
- Luxury Crossover SUV - Porsche Macan
- Large Crossover SUV - Ford Flex
- Premium Mid-Size Crossover SUV - Ford Edge
- Mid-Size Crossover SUV - Honda CR-V
- Compact Crossover SUV - Kia Sportage
- Minivan - Chrysler Pacifica
“Even the most satisfied owner would change something about their vehicle if given the opportunity,” says George Peterson, president of AutoPacific.
“AutoPacific’s IVAs identify vehicles whose owners want the least amount of change – those that are truly hitting the mark with owners.”
How satisfied are you with your car? Let us know via email at [email protected] or leave a comment below.
Stay up to date with the latest Porsche News at behindthewheel.com.au.