Rigids join new Mercedes-Benz Truck range…
One of the big talking points in the truck industry at the moment is just how impressive the new Mercedes-Benz Actros is.
Now, buyers requiring a rigid version of the new-generation Mercedes-Benz trucks can also access the latest technology, features and drivelines.
Mercedes-Benz launched the new range of rigids at the Brisbane Truck Show and say the new offerings are ready to cover everything from distribution to waste applications.
While construction and all-wheel-drive rigid models are being promised for a local arrival later in the year.
Mercedes-Benz Rigid Range Key Data:
- Range of configurations from 12-tonne 4×2 to 32-tonne 8×4
- Powered by Euro 6 compliant 8 litre six-cylinder
- Power outputs from 299hp to 455hp
- Engine brake capability of up to 750kW of braking force
- Fully 8 and 12-speed automated transmissions with creeper gear - standard
- Day cab, space cab, sleeper cabs and a rear seat option available
- Standard features include sat-nav, electric mirrors, Bluetooth and air horns
Mercedes-Benz director, Michael May, says the rigids have been comprehensively tested in Australia to meet local conditions.
“We have had some fantastic feedback from customers of our new generation prime movers who are extremely pleased with the performance and economy they are delivering,”
“We are now ready for the second stage of our roll out, with our rigid distribution line-up set to deliver a new standard of efficiency, reliability and versatility for our customers.”
Stay up to date with the latest Mercedes-Benz Trucks News here.