Special edition entry-level 5 Series
We just reported on the Australian arrival of the new entry-level four-cylinder turbo-petrol BMW 5 Series – the 520i, now comes news that the variant will be offered in a special ‘Launch Edition’ variant.
Priced from $99,900 drive-away, the 2018 BMW 520i Launch Edition is offered with the choice of either the Luxury Line or M Sport packages.
2018 BMW 520i Launch Edition (Luxury Line):
- 19” alloy wheels (choice of multi-spoke or W-spoke styles)
- Exclusive Nappa leather upholstery
- Automatic Tailgate
- Dynamic Damper Control
- Comfort Seats for driver and front passenger
- Front heated seats
- BMW Individual Anthracite Roofliner
- High-beam Assist
2018 BMW 520i Launch Edition (M Sport):
- 19” M light-alloy wheels with double spoke styling
- M Aerodynamics Package
- Trapezoidal tailpipe finishers in chrome
- BMW Individual window surrounds - aluminium or high-gloss
- M Sport Suspension
- M designation on front side panels
- Sports Seats for driver and front passenger
- Illuminated M door sills
- M leather steering wheel
These features come on top of the standard kit in the new 520i including:
- LED Headlights
- LED fog lights
- Electric front seats
- Electrically-adjustable steering column
- Professional grade sat-nav
- Wireless smartphone charging
- Digital radio
- Head-Up display
Powered by the same 135kW/290Nm 2.0 litre four-cylinder turbo-petrol engine, the 2018 BMW 520i Launch Edition is available now from BMW dealerships nationwide.
“We have been strongly encouraged by the new BMW 5 Series’ performance since its arrival in February this year.
Stay up to date with everything BMW at behindthewheel.com.au.