The countdown is on to the Australian arrival of Kia’s new performance sedan – the Kia Stinger.
As previously covered, the new model will land in October with prices starting just below $49,990 for the entry-level Stinger S, and will top out exactly $10,000 above that figure for the top-spec Stinger GT.
Right in the middle will be a mid-spec variant, the Stinger Si, priced from $55,990.
All will be powered by the same 272kW/510Nm 3.3 bi-turbo V6 engine, all will also feature an eight-speed auto transmission.
But, now we know a little more about the standard specifications of the three different variants. Here’s what Kia confirmed a short time ago…
2018 Kia Stinger S:
- Limited slip diff
- Brembo brakes (350mm quad piston front/340mm dual piston rear)
- 18” alloy wheels
- Reverse camera
- Rear cross traffic alert
- Active hood pedestrian protection
- LED daylight running lights
- Two ISOFIX restraint points
- Seven airbags
- Electric front seats
- 7” touch screen with sat-nav, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
2018 Kia Stinger Si adds:
- 19” alloy wheels
- Autonomous Emergency Braking with Forward Collision Warning
- Lane Keeping Assist
- Front parking sensors
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Smart Cruise Control
- Under floor luggage tray/luggage net
- 8” touch screen and nine-speaker stereo
2018 Kia Stinger GT adds:
- 360-degree camera view
- Blind Spot Detection
- Dynamic Bending Lights
- High Beam Assist
- Full-colour Heads Up Display (HUD)
- Nappa leather interior
- Flat-bottom steering wheel
- Electrochromic door mirrors
- LED headlights
- Powered sunroof
- Two bespoke colours - Aurora Black/Snow White Pearl
- Alloy sports pedals
- Suede roof liner
- Wireless phone charging
- 15-speaker Harman/Kardon sound system
Kia Australia boss, Damien Meredith, says the Kia Stinger is an excellent value proposition in all three grades.
“The S has the same brilliant 3.3-litre bi-turbo engine as the GT, the same 8-speed gearbox with sports paddles as the GT and the same ability to sprint from 0-100km/h in 4.9 seconds.
“And there is safety and comfort equipment in this car that you would not normally see in anything but the top of the model range, including satellite navigation.
“It simply represents outstanding value, starting with the S but stretching across the range.”
We will bring you more from the Australian launch of the 2018 Kia Stinger next month.
Stay up to date with all the latest Kia News at behindthewheel.com.au.