British luxury/sports car company Jaguar has promised to have an electric car available to buyers from 2018.
Jaguar has just unveiled this concept EV, known as the Jaguar I-PACE, and say they will be taking the wraps off the production version of the model in around a year.
The company’s first EV will then go into production and be delivered to buyers in 2018.
Jaguar I-PACE Concept Key Facts:
- Electric motors (front and rear) generate a combined output of 294kW and 700Nm
- Rechargeable at public charging stations, or at home via a dedicated wall box or domestic power outlet
- 80% charge achieved in 90 minutes and 100% in just over two hours using 50kW DC charging
- Promises sports car performance and five-seater SUV versatility
- Electric drive range of more than 500km
- Aerodynamic design allows for drag co-efficiency of just 0.29
- Interior features cutting-edge technology and premium materials
“The I-PACE Concept is a radical departure for electric vehicles. It represents the next generation of battery electric vehicle design.” says Jaguar Design Director, Ian Callum.
“This will be Jaguar’s first-ever battery-powered electric vehicle and opens a new chapter in the history of our legendary brand.”
We will keep you updated with further news and info on the new Jaguar EV as it comes to hand.