The Hyundai Sonata has received a mid-life update with the MY17 version featuring a number of new features and some new options too.
Still available across three specification levels; Active, Elite and Premium, pricing for the MY17 Sonata remains from $30,590.
For 2017 the Hyundai Sonata welcomes:
- Steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters standard across all grades.
- New paint colours including metallic/mica Shade Bronze.
- Sonata Elite gains rain-sensing wipers, heated front seats, front park assist system and an electronic parking brake.
- Twin-panel panoramic glass sunroof now available as an option on the Sonata Elite.
- Top-spec Sonata Premium gets Blind Spot Detection, Lane Departure Warning System, Lane Change Assist, Rear Cross Traffic Alert and Smart Cruise Control standard.
While the Sonata range also welcomes a tyre upgrade with Hyundai fitting Continental Conti Premium Contact™ 5 (Active and Elite) and Michelin Pilot 3 (Premium) rubber.
“Earlier this year Hyundai head office, in South Korea, gave us the option of testing the Continentals and Michelins on the car, and we jumped at the opportunity.
“These new tyres bring gains in outright grip level, ride comfort and quietness.”
The updated Hyundai Sonata range is starting to appear in Hyundai dealerships now.