Hino has confirmed local specifications for the all-new 4×4 version of the Hino 300 Series light truck.
Making an appearance at the AFAC conference in Sydney at the weekend, the truck is here to take on rivals like the 4×4 version of the Isuzu N-Series and is focused on applications such as fire fighting, SES, councils, forestry and the like.
It will be launched officially in Australia next month.
Comprehensively tested in Australia, the 4×4 Hino made a debut in prototype form at the Brisbane Truck Show earlier in the year.
Hino 300 Series 4×4 Key Data:
- Powered by 165hp (121kW)/464Nm four-litre diesel engine
- Six-speed manual overdrive transmission
- Dual range 4×4 transfer case
- Increased ground clearance (over standard 300 Series)
- Offered in single cab and crew cab configurations
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) - standard
- Four wheel disc brakes - standard
- Reversing camera - standard
- Driver and passenger airbags
- Cruise control - standard
“Quite simply, we believe this is the best light duty 4×4 truck on the Australian market,” said Daniel Petrovski, Manager, Product Strategy for Hino Australia.
“With a six-speed overdrive manual transmission mated to a Hino transfer case with superior low range gearing of 2.2:1, the Hino 300 series 4×4 has the widest spread of ratios and the lowest crawl speed in its class.
“This means the 300 Series 4×4 can crawl slower off-road than its rivals providing better vehicle control in tricky off-road conditions, which is a key measure of performance in that market.”
Related: 2016 Hino 300 Series Hybrid Review
Stay up to date with all the latest Hino News at behindthewheel.com.au.