Northern Irishman, the Citroen driver Kris Meeke, has beaten home local hero Jari-Matti Latvala to win the Rally Finland.
The thirty-seven-year-old also became the first British driver to win the event.
Meeke’s Abu Dhabi Total team also managed to take third position with Ireland’s Craig Breen finishing ahead of Hyundai pair Thierry Neuville and Hayden Paddon.
Championship leader, Sebastian Ogier, crashed out on the opening day of the four-day rally.
WRC Driver Championship Standings:
- Sebastian Ogier – Volkswagen (143 points)
- Andreas Mikkelsen – Volkswagen (98 points)
- Jari-Matti Latvala – Volkswagen (87 points)
- Hayden Paddon – Hyundai (84 points)
- Thierry Neuville – Hyundai (76 points)
The championship switches to asphalt next month for the Rally Germany.