Simple tips to ensure you get the most from your car battery.
Car batteries can cost hundreds of dollars to replace and you want to do all you can to also avoid an inconvenient battery failure too.
For a lot of people their car battery is a bit of a set and forget component, relying on it to start their vehicle time after time and only giving it any attention when it no longer does its job!
But there are some simple car battery care tips you can follow to help your battery give you as many years of good, reliable service as possible.
Car Battery Care Tips:
- Avoid allowing your battery to go flat (headlights on?)
- If your battery does go flat, avoid jumpstarting it, it should be recharged
- Drive your vehicle regularly to keep your car battery fully charged
- Keep your engine in good shape, an engine that is running at its best is easier on your battery
- Have your mechanic/an auto electrician check to ensure your battery is receiving the correct charge from your alternator
- Avoid leaving vehicle accessories on regularly as constant recharging may shorten the life of your battery
- Keep the car battery case clean
- Keep the battery terminals clean and use a terminal protector
Got any other hints and tips on ensuring car batteries get a long life? Email [email protected] or send us a note via our Contact page.