A very special limited edition version of the BMW M4 has been confirmed for Australia, but it will only be here in very limited numbers.
How limited? Well, only 25 BMW M4 GTS cars will be coming to Australia.
700 units of the road going race car are being built overall with the model channeling the spirit of the much admired BMW E46 M3 CSL.
Australian pricing will start at $295,000 and local customer deliveries are expected to start in September.
2017 BMW M4 GTS Highlights:
- Retuned twin-turbo straight-six producing 386kW/600Nm
- Seven-speed M DCT double-clutch transmission
- 30kg weight reduction over standard M4
- Top speed of 305km/h
- Zero-100mh/h sprint in 3.8 seconds
- Titanium quad-exhaust system
- Carbon-ceramic brake discs
- 19” (front) and 20” (rear) M light alloy wheels with Acid Orange highlights
- Lightweight Recaro M carbon race bucket seats
- No rear seat
- Optional (at no extra cost) street-legal Race Package including steel half roll-cage, six-point racing harness seat belts (standard belts remain) and a fire extinguisher system.
Frank van Meel, Chief Executive Officer of BMW M, said the road-going race car is set to be a classic.
“The BMW M4 GTS is a sports car radically designed for superior dynamics and breath-taking performance on the race track,”
“This is our way of demonstrating what is possible with a road-legal vehicle today.”
Stay up to date with all the latest BMW News at behindthewheel.com.au.