Details on keenly anticipated new four-door BMW model released.
BMW head office in Germany has released the finer details on their new 4 Series Gran Coupé.
While Australian pricing and specifications are unknown at this stage, the four-door coupé will initially be produced with five different engines under the bonnet, including:
- Four-cylinder 2.0 litre petrol delivering 135kW and 270Nm
- Four-cylinder 2.0 litre petrol delivering 180kW and 350Nm (optional all-wheel drive)
- Six-cylinder 3.0 litre petrol delivering 225kW and 400Nm
- Four-cylinder 2.0 litre diesel delivering 135kW and 380Nm (optional all-wheel drive)
- Four-cylinder 2.0 litre diesel delivering 105kW and 320Nm
While mid-year, BMW will also add two six-cylinder diesel engines to the line-up.
BMW has also confirmed that the standard variant (420i) will be offered with a six-speed manual transmission, but all engines can be combined with the optional eight-speed Steptronic or eight-speed sport Steptronic transmissions.
On the outside, we now know the third model to join the new BMW 4 Series range has exactly the same dimensions as the two-door coupé, however, the roof of the Gran Coupé is twelve mm higher and 112 mm longer.
The boot is also 35 litres larger than that of the two-door version.
We will let you know when BMW Australia confirms Australian pricing and specifications.