Most powerful Jeep yet is coming to the USA late 2017…
There’s no official word on Australian availability of the new Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk, however the local office of Fiat Chrysler was quick to release info on the model.
That could be a good sign for Australian SUV buyers that want a vehicle with a whole lot of grunt.
How much grunt? Try 527kW and 874Nm!
Powering the new offering, which will land in the U.S. late in 2017 and will sit above the SRT grade, is a 6.2 litre supercharged V8 engine that propels the vehicle to 100km/h in just 3.6 seconds.
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk Key Data:
- Powered by 6.2 litre 527kW V8 petrol engine
- Upgraded driveline components to handle torque
- High-torque-capacity TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission
- Brembo brakes (400mm front/350mm rear) – rated to stop the Jeep from 100km/h in just 36 metres!
- Jeep Quadra-Trac on-demand four-wheel-drive
- Electronic limited-slip rear differential
- Lowered (25mm) and uprated sports suspension
- Unique tuning on anti-lock braking, stability and traction control systems
- 20” x 10” alloy wheels
- Pirelli tyres
- Unique body styling
- Racing inspired interior
Jeep boss, Mike Manley, tells us the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk is going to be a very special offering.
“The new Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk delivers astounding performance numbers, backed by renowned SRT engineering that combines world-class on-road driving dynamics with luxury, refinement and an array of innovative advanced technology.”
We will bring you more details on the new offering in our Jeep Grand Cherokee News section.