There’s another player coming into the small SUV race with Jeep launching the new-generation Jeep Compass into Australia.
Now positioned as a global model, the five-seat Jeep SUV for right-hand drive markets is built in India and arrives locally at the front of a line of new/updated Jeep products coming our way.
There will be four model grades offered to Aussie SUV buyers - Sport, Longitude, Limited (as seen in the photos) and Trailhawk.
Standard features in the entry-level model include:
- 129kW/229Nm 2.4 litre ‘Tigershark’ petrol engine
- Six-speed manual transmission
- 17″ alloy wheels
- Reverse camera
- Digital radio
- Electric park brake
A six-speed auto transmission is an additional $1,900.
The Longitude adds a few other convenience features such as auto headlights and wipers, and the standard fitment of the auto transmission.
Stepping up to the Compass Limited nets you the option of the 125kW/350Nm 2.0 litre ‘MultiJet’ diesel engine.
The offering also boasts a nine-speed auto transmission and all-wheel drive, along with:
- Leather Seats
- Heated/power adjustable front seats
- 18″ Alloy Wheels
- Larger touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
- Push-button ignition
- Front and rear parking sensors
Lastly, as is the case with other Jeep offerings, the diesel-powered Compass Trailhawk is the off-road focused version and gains:
- Low-range 4×4 system
- Off-Road Suspension
- Raised Ride Height
- Unique Front and Rear Facia
- Red Recovery Hooks
- Hill Descent Control
- Underbody Skid Plates
- Full Size Spare Wheel
- All Weather Floor Mats
Those features can instead be added only to the Limited and Trailhawk as part of an optional $2,450 accessories pack.
2018 Jeep Compass Pricing:
- Compass Sport Manual - from $28,850
- Compass Sport Auto - from $30,750
- Compass Longitude - from $30,750
- Compass Limited Petrol - from $41,250
- Compass Limited Diesel - from $43,750
- Compass Trailhawk - from $44,750
Related: 2018 Jeep Wrangler specs confirmed
Stay up to date with all the latest Jeep News at behindthewheel.com.au.