Updated Sonata expected in Australia mid-2017…
Sales are down lately in Australia for the Hyundai Sonata, however this updated model might just kick start interest in the mid-size model.
Teased last week and then uncovered officially in Korea today, the biggest changes coming to the 2018 Hyundai Sonata include:
- Tweaked exterior styling, including new grille, updated LED daytime running lights, narrower headlights, new-look taillights and new 18” alloy wheel designs
- 2.0 litre turbo-petrol engine models get a sporty new mesh radiator grille, along with black highlights and side mirror casings
- New eight-speed auto transmission (2.0 litre turbo models)
- Revised climate control adjustments
- Sporty new three-spoke steering wheel
- Improved bolstering in the seats of the turbocharged model
- New USB charge port on the rear of the centre console
- Wireless smartphone charging capability
- Standard fitment of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Availability of new safety features such as a Lane Departure Warning system, Blind Spot Detection, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- Inclusion of paddle shifters on 1.6 litre turbo model
We will bring you more details on the 2018 Hyundai Sonata when confirmed by Hyundai Australia.
Stay up to date with the latest Hyundai Sonata News here.