The U.S. version of Holden’s new mid-size SUV, the Equinox, has been named one of the best new car/SUV models to transport small children in.
Cars.com has put 65 new models to the test and named 10 vehicles, including Chevrolet Equinox, on their Car Seat Check Honour Roll.
The Car Seat Check tests each vehicle’s latch system and its ease of use across infant, convertible, and booster seats.
2017 Cars.com Car Seat Check Honour Roll (models available in Australia):
- 2018 Chevrolet (Holden) Equinox – There’s plenty of room for two car seats in its ample backseat, and exposed Latch anchors mean installation is a breeze.
- 2017 Mercedes-Benz C-Class: Families with car-seat-age kids will still want to opt for the C-Class sedan — for more reasons than just its four-door pragmatism.
- 2017 Subaru Impreza: Redesigned for 2017, the Impreza offers two things that are sure to impress parents: loads of available safety features and plenty of room for two car seats.
- 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan: The previous Tiguan was cramped and inefficient, a redesign for 2018 brings a roomier cabin that parents will appreciate.
- 2017 Volvo S90: Volvo’s flagship sedan has a backseat that boast ample room for two car seats, and easy Latch anchors earned this sedan high grades.
“These vehicles earned the top grade in all of our Car Seat Check categories, setting them apart as the best for car-seat installation.” - Jennifer Newman, Cars.com editor/certified child passenger safety technician.