There’s an updated version of the Volkswagen Passat now landing in Australian dealerships and with that update comes a new performance model.
The 206kW Passat R-Line grand tourer joins the Volkswagen Passat line-up for 2017 with prices for the sporty wagon starting from $59,990.
Standard features on the R-Line edition include sports seats, flat-bottom steering wheel, body kit and R-Line badges.
That starting price makes the R-Line offering the most expensive model in the range, prices at the other end of the scale start from just $35,490 (Passat 132TSI 7 Speed DSG).
Across the broader 2017 Volkswagen Passat range you will find:
- Improved climate control system with upgrade filtration and allergen filter
- Revisions to the optional Luxury and R-Line packages
- Addition of a floor luggage net
- Revised alloy wheel designs/finishes
- New digital instrument cluster
While Volkswagen has added the City Emergency Brake system as standard to the entry level model, mid and high spec variants of the Passat now boast features such as electrically adjustable front seats and power folding door mirrors standard.