Holden confirms final details on special edition SS V Commodore.
As we reported last month, Holden is paying tribute to V8 Supercars champion Craig Lowndes with a special limited edition model of the Commodore.
To be known as the Craig Lowndes SS V Special Edition Commodore, the 6.0 litre V8 powered model will be limited to a total of just 233 units, the first of which will start arriving in Holden dealerships in the next couple of weeks.
Built to pay tribute to Craig Lowndes 20 years in the driver’s seat (many of which were spent in a Ford Falcon!), the model is based on the 2015 SS V Redline and features;
- Four-piston Brembo brakes (front and rear)
- Paddle-shifters (auto transmission models)
- Track-focussed upgraded suspension bushes
- New 20-inch black alloy wheels
- Unique body side decals, hood decal and chrome finished boot badge
- Black grille and fender vents
- Black roof and black window surrounds
Buyers also get exclusive experiences including:
- Framed certificate of authenticity with build plate
- Red Bull Racing private function and tour hosted by Craig Lowndes
- Two General Admission tickets to customers’ local 2015 V8 Supercar race and Red Bull Racing pit tour
The Craig Lowndes SS V Special Edition Commodore will be available in either Red Hot or Heron White and prices start at $57,990 for the manual and $60,190 for the auto.
Be quick though, Holden tell us that orders have already been placed by customers for around half of the 233 units!