Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles on the up again
In total, 204,800 Volkswagen light commercial vehicles were handed over to customers in the month, a figure that’s a full 5.4% up on the same month last year.
The global sales data shows Volkswagen Caddy sales were up 10.3% with 70,900 sales.
While the T model range enjoyed a 6.0% increase in popularity with total sales passing 81,200 in the month.
The Amarok also finished in positive territory with 30,400 deliveries (+2.5%), however the Crafter, which is welcoming the arrival of a new-generation model at present, experienced an 8.9% dip in sales.
Locally, VFACTS data for May shows the Caddy also experienced strong gains here, while the Crafter, Multivan, and Transporter were also leading lights for VW.
- Volkswagen Amarok 4X2 – 41 (-30.5%)
- Volkswagen Amarok 4X4 – 713 (-5.1%)
- Volkswagen Caddy Van – 211 (+17.2%)
- Volkswagen Crafter – 58 (+31.8%)
- Volkswagen Multivan – 102 (+29.1%)
- Volkswagen Transporter – 194 (+18.3%)
Stay up to date with the latest Volkswagen News, including commercials, here.